- 1 1/2 cups Cashew Sour Cream or coconut yogurt
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or gluten-free brown rice syrup
- 6 ripe but firm peaches, halved and pitted
For the Praline
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Combine Cashew Sour Cream or coconut yogurt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg (if using), vanilla, and salt in a bowl. Set aside. (You can do this in advance; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.)
- Toast walnuts in a dry nonstick or cast-iron pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown. Add the 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and salt and stir to coat. Cook for a minute more, and then tip walnuts out of pan and spread them on a sheet of parchment paper. Once walnuts are cool, roughly chop them.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat or preheat a panini press according to manufacturer’s instructions. (The pan must be really hot before you start to grill the peaches.) Lay fruit cut-side down on pan and cook for 3 minutes, or until grill marks appear. Serve with ginger cream, the 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and walnut praline.
417 Calories, 10 g Protein, 55 g Carbohydrates, 6 g Fiber, 21 g Total fat (3 g sat), 445 mg Sodium, ★★★★ Phosphorus, ★★★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Magnesium, ★★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Zinc, ★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), B6, C, E, K, Iron, Potassium
Cashew Sour Cream Recipe
If you are dairy-free but love sour cream, this recipe is for you!