- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 4 baking apples (we used Fuji)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine honey, apple cider, and spices. Bring to a simmer and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut each apple into quarters, removing cores and seeds with a knife. Cut each quarter into approximately 1/2 inch slices.
- Place 1/3 of the apples slices in the bottom of a deep baking dish. Sprinkle 1/3 of the walnuts and 1/3 of the raisins over the apples. Continue layering apples, walnuts, and raisins, ending with a layer of walnuts and raisins. Pour honey and cider mixture over.
- Cover baking dish tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, or until apples are soft. Serve warm apples and their sauce topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.