The North Carolina Strawberry Project, a partnership of North Carolina State and Johnson & Wales Universities
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced
- 1 oz sugar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 oz mint leaves
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, divided
- Mint leaves for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries and sugar. Cover and set aside.
- To create the Mint Pesto Drizzle, combine the olive oil, mint leaves, almonds, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in a food processor. Process until well combined. Set aside.
- Divide mozzarella into 6 equal portions. Place 1 portion of mozzarella slices (overlapping) on each of 6 serving plates. Spoon 1/2 cup of the sugared strawberries on each plate around and over the cheese. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the balsamic vinegar and 1 to 2 tablespoons of the Mint Pesto Drizzle over the cheese and strawberries on each plate.
- Garnish with mint leaves. Serve.