- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, (about 9 cups), remove stems
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
Tofu Whipped Cream
Make the Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a measuring cup, except the safflower oil, whisk and let rest for 5 minutes until curdled.
- Place the liquid ingredients in a blender and pulse several seconds.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and form into a ball of dough.
- Lightly flour flat surface and roll out the ball of dough until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter or a glass cut the dough into round biscuits about 3 inches wide.
- Lightly oil a cookie sheet with safflower oil, place the biscuits on and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly golden. Do not over bake.
Make Strawberry Sauce
- While the biscuits are baking, slice 4 cups of strawberries and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Place the remaining 5 cups strawberries in the blender with the maple syrup and pulse several seconds.
- Pour the strawberry liquid over the sliced strawberries and refrigerate while you make the tofu whipped cream.
Make Tofu Whipped Cream
- Place the tofu, oil, maple syrup, honey, vanilla, lemon juice and salt in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Place the water and agar flakes in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer about 5 minutes or so until the flakes dissolve.
- Pour the agar liquid into the blender with the tofu mixture. Blend for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour into a dish and place in the freezer for about 5 minutes to gel.
- Remove, place in the blender again and pulse until smooth and creamy, but stiff like whipped cream.
- When the biscuits are done, slice in half or leave whole, ladle strawberry sauce over and add a dollop of tofu whipped cream before serving.
423 calories, 20g fat (41% calories from fat), 13g protein, 52g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium