- 1 (5-oz) package gluten-free macaroni and cheese
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 c gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Gluten free nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats.
- Prepare mac and cheese according to package directions omitting the additional milk and butter. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine ground beef with onion, carrot, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Add prepared mac and cheese. Using about 1/4 cup of mixture per meatball, roll into balls.
- Place on prepared baking sheets, spray with cooking spray, and bake for 20 minutes or until they are browned. The meatballs will feel soft; they firm up a little as they cool.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve with fresh vegetables on the side for a wholesome meal.
For 2 meatballs with rice pasta and ground turkey: 170 Calories, 11 g Protein, 18 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 6 g Total fat, 451 mg Sodium. Fair source of Vitamin A and Selenium