Taste for Life test kitchen
- 10 oz your favorite uncooked pasta
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄4 c butternut squash pureé, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 3 c chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 c shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute. Add broth, milk, and squash pureé. Bring mixture to a simmer over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until sauce has thickened and broccoli is fork tender.
- Add cooked pasta, salt, pepper, and cheese to skillet and stir to combine. Serve.
Per serving: 341 Calories, 17 g Protein, 46 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fiber, 12 g Total fat (5 g sat), 407 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin C, ★★★★★ Vitamin K, ★★★★ Phosphorus, ★★ Vitamin A, ★★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), ★★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), ★★ Calcium, ★★ Magnesium, ★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), ★ Vitamin B6, ★ Potassium, ★ Zinc