- 2 (5 oz.) cans of Safe Catch tuna (don’t drain, no oil or water added)
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Pork Dust (may exchange for almond flour)
- 3/4 cup finely shredded coconut, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchens May
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchens Mayo
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/4 to 1/2 jalapeño, depending on the level of heat you want
- salt to taste
- Start with assembling the tuna cakes by dumping all the ingredients (reserve 1/2 cup of the shredded coconut for later use) in a medium bowl and mixing until well combined.
- Separate into 6 equal portions and form into cakes.
- Put into the refrigerator for at least 1/2 an hour, but feel free to prep these the night before and refrigerate all night.
- Once the tuna cakes have chilled, remove them from the refrigerator and put the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded coconut into a bowl.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with your favorite cooking oil (we used avocado oil, but you may also try an animal fat or coconut oil).
- Once the oil is hot, push each side of the tuna cake into the shredded coconut and put into the pan.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until they are a medium to dark golden brown.
- For the aioli, we used our immersion blender (one of our favorite kitchen tools!) and put all the ingredients into a tall jar and mixed on low until well blended. Feel free to try a mini food processor or blender.