- 10 oz uncooked rice noodles
- 1 small bunch broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces (approximately 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb salmon skinned,* cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp black or white sesame seeds
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Steam broccoli until bright-green and nearly fork-tender, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Gently add salmon pieces. Cook salmon, undisturbed, until undersides of pieces are brown, about 3 minutes. Flip salmon pieces. Add garlic, soy sauce, and broccoli to skillet. Cook until salmon pieces are completely cooked through, approximately 3 more minutes.
- Gently toss salmon and broccoli mixture with cooked noodles. Drizzle with hoisin sauce, garnish with sesame seeds, and serve.
To remove the skin from a salmon fillet, place it skin-side down on a cutting board. Salt the tail end of the fish so it’s less slippery. Gripping the salted tail end firmly, make a cut with a sharp knife between the flesh and the skin, cutting away from the tail. Continuing to hold the tail end, cut along the fillet length. Be careful not to cut through the skin. Remove and discard the skin.
Per serving: 638 Calories, 31 g Protein, 75 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 23 g Total fat (4 g sat), 973 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), B12, C, Phosphorus, ★★★★ Vitamin B6, K, ★★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), E, ★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc