- 1 pie crust, thawed but not baked*
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk**
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped shallots
- 8 oz smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded low-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- If crust isn’t already in a pie pan, place it in a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a small pan. Add shallots and saute until cooked through. Remove shallots from pan and let them cool. Add shallots, salmon, cheese, and dill to egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into crust. Bake 45 minutes, or until quiche is set and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve immediately.