- 2 Tbsp Fair Trade Certified coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- 1 1/2 cups Fair Trade Certified dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup Fair Trade Certified almonds, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Salt to taste
- In a large shallow saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Drop 2 kernels of corn in pan and cover with a lid. When corn begins to pop, add remainder of kernels. Cover pan and remove from heat for 30 seconds. Return covered pan to heat and shake covered pan constantly while corn pops. When popping slows to almost a stop, remove pan from heat. Let pan sit off heat for 1 minute to allow any remaining kernels to pop. Transfer popcorn to a large heatproof bowl.
- Heat chocolate in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted. Immediately remove pan from heat and pour half of chocolate over popcorn. Stir to coat popcorn with chocolate.
- Mix almonds and raisins into popcorn. Add remaining half of melted chocolate and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt.
- Spread popcorn on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cool in refrigerator until chocolate has set. Store popcorn in an airtight container.
Per serving (1 cup): 332 Calories, 6 g Protein, 30 g Carbohydrates, 6 g Fiber, 22 g Total fat (9 g sat), 147 mg Sodium, ★★ Vitamin E, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, ★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Potassium, Zinc
Feel free to swap out your favorite nuts and dried fruits for the almonds and raisins. Or substitute in gluten-free pretzels, and season with your favorite Fair Trade Certified spices.