- 2 Tbsp walnuts
- 1 Small to medium fennel bulb, finely slivered
- 1 Tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Head butter lettuce, washed and torn
- 10 Spinach leaves, washed and torn
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 to 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the walnuts on a cookie sheet, and roast in an oven at 350 degrees for seven minutes. Set aside.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients down to the lemon juice.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients, and whisk well.
- Chop the walnuts and fold into the salad.