The Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook by Michelle Ann Anderson ($33.95, Cumberland House, 2008)
- 1/4 cup pear juice
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp walnut oil
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp finely minced rosemary
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 12-oz package spring lettuce
- 1 pear, cored and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 cups coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Whisk together the pear juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, rosemary, mustard, and gorgonzola cheese in a small, non-reactive bowl. Cover and refrigerate until use.
- Mound lettuce mix on serving platter. Arrange the pear, onion and cucumber over the lettuce.
- Place the chicken on top and sprinkle with cranberries. Drizzle with dressing.