- 10 oz trimmed green beans
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 4 artichoke hearts, preserved in olive oil, cut into quarters
- 8 black olives, preferably Kalamata
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 heaping tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Fine sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- A few fresh rosemary needles (from a sprig of rosemary)
- A few black peppercorns, crushed with a mortar and pestle
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and blanch green beans for 4 to 5 minutes or until al dente (cooking time can vary depending on freshness of beans). Drain and quickly rinse them with cold water. Set aside. You can prepare beans in advance and keep them covered in fridge.
- To cut grapefruit into segments, first peel off outer skin and then cut off white pith. Working over a bowl, hold grapefruit in one hand and use a small, sharp knife to cut between membranes and release segments into bowl.
- For dressing, whisk together oil, orange juice, and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together green beans, grapefruit, artichokes, and olives. Drizzle dressing over salad, sprinkle with a few rosemary needles and crushed pepper-corns, and serve immediately.