- 1 heart of romaine lettuce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Cut the romaine heart in half lengthwise.
- Trim the stem end a little, if you wish, but be sure not to cut too much–all the leaves need to stay attached.
- Heat your grill.
- Oil lightly with olive oil.
- Once it’s hot, put one romaine half on it, two if they will fit.
- Grill or press the lettuce down lightly.
- Cook for about 2 or 3 minutes, until lettuce has begun to wilt and grill marks to appear; then, turn over and grill for another 2 minutes.
- Place on two plates, cut side up, and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon sunflower seeds, blue cheese crumbles and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve while still warm.