From 100 Best Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson ($16.99, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2016)
- 8 oz radiatore or other small pasta
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup white mushrooms, quartered or sliced
- Preheat grill and lightly oil a grill basket. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until it is al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/3 cup oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, dry mustard, and black pepper. Pour enough of dressing onto pasta to coat. Add cherry tomatoes and parsley and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and black pepper. Toss to coat. Transfer vegetables to grill basket. Place grill basket onto hot grill and cook until vegetables are grilled on outside and slightly tender on inside, 12 to 15 minutes. Add grilled vegetables to pasta mixture and toss to combine.