Recipe by Leanne Vogel
- 1 large head of savoy cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 5 strawberries, sliced thin
- 2 red shallots, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Creamy Poppy-Seed Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 small clove garlic
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Add all coleslaw ingredients to a large bowl. Toss to combine well.
- In a small blender, add all dressing ingredients except poppy seeds. Blend until smooth. Stir in poppy seeds and pour the dressing over the salad.
- Toss to coat and allow to sit in the fridge, covered, for 1 hour. Or serve right then and there. It’s good either way! Will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To make vegan, replace honey with agave nectar or coconut nectar and mayonnaise with egg-free mayonnaise.
To make nut-free, replace slivered almonds with an equal amount of seeds.
To make egg-free, use egg-free mayonnaise.