- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed very well
- 2 cup spring or filtered water
- Sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp brown rice syrup
- 6 to 7 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, roasted, cut into small dice
- 1/4 red onion, cut into small dice
- 2 to 3 plum tomatoes, seeded, cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup small dice cucumber
- 1/2 avocado, ripe but firm, cut into small dice
- Add quinoa and water to saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Add pinch of salt. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until quinoa has absorbed all water and has opened (a small “tail” forms on each grain, like a tadpole), about 25 minutes. Transfer quinoa to mixing bowl. Fluff with fork and allow to come to room temperature.
- While quinoa cools, whisk together 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, lemon juice, oil, and rice syrup. Set aside.
- When quinoa is cooled, fold in oil mixture, parsley, garlic, and all vegetables, tossing very gently to incorporate. Do no break avocado into mush.
- Serve within 2 hours of making this dish or it will get soggy. (If making ahead, do not add oil mixture until close to serving time.)