- 1 lb whole carrots
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 oz soft plain goat cheese, crumbled
- Place a baking sheet in the oven. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Peel carrots and then halve lengthwise. Cut into 2 1/2 by 1/2 inch long strips. Toss with avocado oil. Spread carrots on hot pan and roast until lightly brown and tender, approximately 13 to 15 minutes.
- While carrots are roasting, toast walnuts in a small, dry skillet over medium-high heat. Stir frequently, until walnuts are toasted, about 5 minutes. Set walnuts aside to cool.
- Whisk extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, and shallot together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, toss spinach, roasted carrots, chives, and dressing. Divide mixture among 6 plates. Top each plate with equal amounts of toasted walnuts and goat cheese. Serve.