From Christina Pirello, Emmy Award–winning host of Public Television’s Christina Cooks
- 1/3 c granulated maple sugar
- 6 Tbsp organic extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 c organic shelled unsalted peanuts
- 6 to 8 oz organic baby spinach, rinsed very well
- 1 large, ripe organic mango, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- Sea salt Cracked black pepper
- Lightly oil sheet of aluminum foil.
- To make peanuts, combine maple sugar, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 tablespoon vinegar in skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring until syrup develops, about 3 minutes.
- Add peanuts and cook, stirring constantly, until nuts are coated with syrup and toasted, about 7 minutes. Spread nuts on foil and using a fork, separate them so they don’t stick together. Set aside to allow coating to harden.
- To make salad, combine baby spinach, mango slices, and cooled peanuts in mixing bowl. Toss gently with remaining oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve.