- 2 Tbsp EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups chopped leeks, white and green parts (about 2 large leeks)
- 8 cup chopped carrots, (about 2 pounds)
- 10 cups water
- or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp EDEN Sea Salt
- 1 tsp curry powder, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces EDEN Pistachios, coarsely chopped, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a medium soup pot and sauté the garlic and leeks until the leeks are slightly golden.
- Add the carrots, water, and half the sea salt.
- Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Remove from the heat and purée, in 2 or 3 batches, in a blender until creamy.
- Pour into a soup pot and all the remaining sea salt, curry powder and cinnamon.
- Simmer on medium-low for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Ladle into individual serving bowls and garnish each with pistachios.
Per serving: 98 calories, 5g fat (39% calories from fat), 2g protein, 14g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium