- 1 cup Lundberg Burgundy Red Rice
- 4 avocados
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 2 Tbsp jalapeno, minced
- 1 to 2 Tbsp lime juice, (depending on volume of tomato)
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lime wedge per each half avocado
- Cook the Lundberg Burgundy Red Rice according to the instructions. While it is cooking, mix the tomatoes, jalapeno, red onion, garlic, cilantro, and salt. Add the lime juice according to taste. Salsa should not be too wet.
- Mix the cooked rice into tomato mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. If the pit is small, scoop out a bit of the avocado to enlarge the cavity and then add that avocado to the rice mixture. (Avocado might turn brown if not cooked right away.)
- Using a large spoon, fill the avocado with the tomato/rice mixture. It is OK to overfill, covering the avocado pulp. Place the filled avocados in an oven-safe baking dish. (Can be wrapped in foil and heated on a medium heat grill.)
- Bake the avocado until it is warmed through, about 15 minutes (depending on size of the avocado). Remove from oven or grill and gently run a knife or spoon around the edge loosening the pulp from the skin. Serve immediately with a lime wedge and veggies or rice chips. Squeeze lime over the rice mixture and scoop with chips, veggies or a spoon.
Calories: 250, Total Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 160mg, Total Carbohydrates: 27g, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 4g
Lundberg Family Farms
Lundberg Family Farms® is a family-owned and operated business whose passion is producing gourmet rice products while respecting and sustaining the earth. From the gourmet rice varieties and convenient boxed meals to gluten-free alternatives and tasty snacks, they have something for everyone.