From Leon Fast Vegan by Rebecca Seal, Chantal Symons, and John Vincent ($29.99, Hachette Book Group, 2019)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 small bunches of fresh cilantro, leaves finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus extra for frying (optional)
- 5 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh ears of corn, shucked and silks removed
- Mix together lime zest, cilantro, oil, scallions, garlic, salt, and some pepper in a large shallow dish. Add corn and massage mixture into each cob. Remove from marinade, reserving marinade in dish.
- Barbecue corn on grill rack over white-hot coals, turning regularly, for 5 to 10 minutes, until cooked on all sides. Alternatively, heat a splash of oil in a large skillet over high heat, add cobs, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning often until cooked all over.
- Add lime juice to reserved marinade. Then add cooked corn and spoon it over. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 123 Calories, 4 g Protein, 23 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 4 g Total fat (1 g sat), 313 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin K, ★★ Vitamin C, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B3 (niacin), B6, Folate, Magnesium, Phosphorus