- 3 medium-large zucchini
- 1 3/4 oz pine nuts
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest (use unwaxed fruit)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 12 basil leaves
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- Trim off stalk ends of zucchini and cut each one in half. Stand each half on its end and slice downward to get long slices about 1/2 inch thick. Put to one side.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry frying pan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until patched with brown, stirring occasionally to start with and then more often after 2 minutes. Take care they do not burn. Tip pine nuts into a wide, shallow serving dish.
- Return pan to heat and pour in 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cook a third of zucchini over a medium-high heat until patched with brown on both sides and floppy in texture. Transfer to a serving dish and, if necessary, add another 1/2 tablespoon of oil to pan. Cook another third of zucchini in same way. Add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon more oil to pan and rest of zucchini. When you turn these over to brown on second side, add garlic and lemon zest.
- Turn off heat and tip everything into serving dish. Pour lemon juice into hot pan, stir quickly, and then pour into serving dish.
- Roughly tear basil leaves and scatter over zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and grind over plenty of pepper. Carefully turn zucchini over, using two spoons so it is combined with seasonings, basil, and pine nuts.
- Drizzle honey over top. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
165 Calories, 5 g Protein, 14 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 12 g Total fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono, 3 g poly), 78 mg Sodium, ★★★ Vitamin C, Manganese, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B3 (niacin), Folate, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium