Halloween Treat: Pumpkin Chocolate Protein Bars
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp nondairy milk
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 5 Tbsp protein powder
- 3 Tbsp Unflavored Natural Calm
- 1/4 cup ground or milled flaxseed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 oz dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl with a hand or stand mixer.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a small bowl. Once incorporated, add to the wet mix and mix until smooth. Allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken up.
- Scoop approximately 1/3 cup at a time into your hand. Shape into a bar and place on prepared baking sheet. You can also shape the bars on the baking sheet; I found that was easiest.
- Bake bars for 22 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean, the bottoms of the bars are golden, and the tops are cracking slightly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled completely, then drizzle with melted chocolate.