Cauliflower Rice with Zucchini, Parmesan Cheese, and Basil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) package frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 zucchini, grated and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh basil
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan set over medium heat. Add frozen cauliflower and, using a large spoon to break it apart, sauté until cauliflower appears slightly translucent and becomes tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, zucchini, and broth to pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently stir cheese and basil into cauliflower mixture. Serve immediately.
Cauliflower rice is finely chopped cauliflower florets. Similar to couscous in texture, it’s a great replacement for rice and works well in low-carb, Paleo, and gluten-free dishes. It can be found packaged in the frozen foods aisle. This dish tastes just like risotto, but with cauliflower standing in for Arborio rice it’s a healthier side dish.
208 Calories, 13 g Protein, 8 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fiber, 15 g Total fat (6 g sat), 467 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin C, ★★★★ Vitamin K, ★★★ Calcium, ★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B6, Potassium