Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Maple Syrup
- 5 lbs red-skinned sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Bring a pot of water to boil on the stove. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, melt vegan margarine in microwave or over stovetop. Add maple syrup and cinnamon and stir until combined.
- Drain potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl. Mash with a hand mixer or potato masher until smooth. Stir in maple syrup mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.