Reprinted with permission from The Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookbook © 2014 by Stephanie Pedersen, Sterling Publishing Co.
Photo by BLM Photography.
- 2 c 2% milk
- 3/4 c dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin-pie spice
- In a large saucepan, whisk milk, sugar, and cornstarch; bring to a boil. Boil 3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk. Gradually add half of the hot milk mixture to the beaten eggs.
- Add milk-egg mixture to pan and cook over medium heat 3 minutes, or until thick, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in pumpkin, salt, and pumpkin-pie spice.
- Spoon evenly into 6 custard cups.
- Let cool, and chill for about 30 minutes, or until pudding is set.
Easier to make than pumpkin pie, this simple pudding is healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast.