Reprinted with permission from Wild About Greens © 2012 by Nava Atlas, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
Enjoy this marriage of guacamole and hummus. Serve it with tortilla chips, fresh pita, pita chips, raw veggies, or any combination that suits you.
- 3 to 4 oz baby spinach or arugula, or a combination
- 1 large, ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1⁄3 c tahini (sesame paste)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley, cilantro, or dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Rinse greens and place them in a large skillet or saucepan. With just the water clinging to the leaves, cook greens until just wilted down. Remove from heat.
2. Place all ingredients in the container of a food processor. Process until smooth. Add 1⁄4 cup water, as needed, to achieve a medium-thick consistency.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve as suggested above. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.