Very Green Avocado-Tahini Dip
Reprinted with permission from Wild About Greens © 2012 by Nava Atlas, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
A marriage of guacamole and hummus—and infused with a good amount of leafy greens—this rich dip makes its own unique statement. Serve it with tortilla chips, fresh pita, pita chips, raw veggies, or any combination that suits you.
- 3 to 4 oz baby spinach or arugula, or a combination
- 1 large, ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1⁄3 c tahini (sesame paste)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley, cilantro, or dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Rinse greens and place them in a large skillet or saucepan. With just the water clinging to the leaves, cook greens until just wilted down. Remove from heat.
2. Place all ingredients in the container of a food processor. Process until smooth. Add 1⁄4 cup water, as needed, to achieve a medium-thick consistency.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve as suggested above. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.