Reprinted with permission from Clean Food Revised Edition © 2012 by Terry Walters, Sterling Epicure, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photography by Gentl & Hyers.
10 minutes prep time | Makes 12 cups
- 4 c rolled oats
- 2 c crispy brown rice cereal
- 11⁄2 c unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 c sliced almonds
- 1 c chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cloves
- 1⁄2 c virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 c maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, syrup, and almond extract. Pour wet mixture over dry and stir to coat.
- Transfer mixture to two 9x12-inch glass casseroles and spread out evenly.
- Bake 60 minutes or until golden. Turn off oven but do not remove granola until completely cooled and set. Remove from oven and use spatula to release granola and break into chunks. Store in airtight container.