Scrambled Eggs, Indian-Style
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped (about 1/4 c)
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 green chile, seeded and slivered (or substitute 1 tsp chili powder)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp minced fresh ginger
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp toasted cumin seed
- Pinch of ground turmeric
- Beat eggs and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 2 or 3 minutes. Add tomato, chile, cilantro, garlic, and ginger and cook until tomato is soft (so you can mash it). Season with salt and pepper, cumin seed, and turmeric.
- Pour in eggs and scramble until they reach desired consistency. Serve immediately.