Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
25 minutes prep time Serves 12
- 6 oz dark chocolate* (60% cocoa content), roughly chopped
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c sugar*
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c finely grated zucchini
- 1/4 c semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 12 cupcake tins with paper or foil. In a double boiler over barely simmering water, melt the chocolate. Stir and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the melted chocolate. Fold in the grated zucchini until evenly distributed.
- Spoon into prepared baking cups. Top each cup of batter with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake’s center comes out clean. Let cool in cupcake tins 10 minutes; remove and cool completely on a wire rack.