- 1 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 1 cup organic whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp EDEN Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 1/3 cup EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- or EDEN Safflower Oil
- 1/2 cup EDENSOY Original
- or EDEN Apple Juice
- Combine dry ingredients for the crust in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients for the crust in a measuring cup.
- Place wet ingredients in a blender and pulse several seconds to blend.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry and form into a ball of dough.
- Divide in half and set aside while the filling is prepared.
- To prepare the filling, place all ingredients except the kuzu root starch in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer about 10 minutes until the peaches are tender.
- Allow to cool several minutes while baking the bottom pie crust.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Roll out half the dough on a floured surface, place in a 9" pie plate, poke several small holes in the crust with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove, lightly moisten the edges of the bottom crust with water and add pie filling.
- Roll out remaining dough and place the top crust on the pie.
- Crimp edges with a fork or pinch with fingers to seal top and bottom crust.
- Using a fork, poke several shallow holes in the top crust to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Bake for for another 20 to 25 minutes until the top crust is golden.
- Remove and cool before slicing.
Per serving: 267 calories, 10g fat (32% calories from fat), 4g protein, 45g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium