From the Taste for Life test kitchen
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/3 c gluten-free whole-grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 11/2 c crushed plain, gluten-free, dairy-free pretzels*
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut chicken into 3x3/4-inch-thick strips. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, honey, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside half of the honey-mustard for a dipping sauce. Pour remaining half of mixture into a large shallow plate.
- Coat each chicken strip in plate with honey mustard. Then dredge each strip in crushed pretzels.
- Place chicken onto an oiled baking pan. Bake for 7 minutes and flip. Bake for another 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken strips with reserved honey-mustard dipping sauce.
Crush the pretzels into small pieces, so they will adhere to the chicken more easily.
383 Calories, 28 g Protein, 25 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 19 g Total fat (3 g sat, 11 g mono, 2 g poly), 233 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), ★★★ Vitamin B6, ★★ Phosphorus, Selenium, ★ Pantothenic acid