1 hour | makes 2 quarts
- ½ c extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ c chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 32-ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 dried bay leaf
1. Heat oil in large pot, over medium-high. Sauté onions and garlic until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add celery, carrot, salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are soft, about 7 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and bay leaf. Simmer covered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 45 minutes.
4. Remove bay leaf
5. Salt and pepper to taste