Enjoy this Hanukkah favorite with apple sauce and sour cream.
- 2 c peeled and shredded potatoes
- 3 Tbs grated onion
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c olive oil for frying
- Place the potatoes in a cheesecloth and wring, extracting as much moisture as possible.
- In a medium bowl stir the potatoes, onion, flour and salt together.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place large spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the hot oil, pressing down on them to form 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Brown on one side, turn and brown on the other.
- Let drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with apple sauce and/or sour cream