1/2 cup dried black lentils
5 cups water
3/4 cup uncooked couscous
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1/3 cup finely chopped cucumber
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1) Rinse lentils with cold water; drain.
2) Place lentils and 4 cups water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
3) Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
4) Bring remaining 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
5) Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
6) Fluff with a fork.
7) Combine lentils, couscous, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.