A spiced, no-sugar syrup bathes chunks of mixed fruit; you can substitute or add other seasonal varieties as desired.
Provided by Washington State Apple Commission
- 2 c apple juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp grated orange or lemon zest
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 Red Delicious apples, cored and chopped
- 1 1/2 c chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 c seedless grapes
- In medium saucepan, combine apple juice, lemon juice, orange or lemon zest, and cinnamon sticks. Heat to boil and simmer, uncovered 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- In large serving bowl, combine apples, pineapple, orange, and grapes. Remove cinnamon sticks from apple juice mixture and pour mixture over fruit. Chill before serving.
Protein 1g; Fat 1g; Carbohydrate 46g; Fiber 4g; Sodium 6 mg; Calories 180.