10 minutes prep time | Serves 8
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 4 tsp gluten-free soy sauce (sometimes found as wheat-free tamari sauce)
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Cut asparagus into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
- Place in pot of salted boiling water so that pieces are covered.
- Cook until tender. Rinse immediately in cold water to stop cooking. Pat dry.
- Mix soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and toasted sesame seeds.
- Pour over asparagus. Chill 30 minutes and serve.
Per serving: 48 Calories, 3 g Protein, 6 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 2 g Total fat (1 g poly), 68 mg Sodium, Vitamin K, Copper, Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), Folate, Iron, Manganese, Molybdenum, Phosphorus, Zinc