1/2 c. fresh lime juice
2 tbsp. Thai fish sauce (nuoc mam)
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tbsp. Thai chile paste with soy bean and garlic
1/2 tsp. Thai red curry paste
3 oz. bean thread noodles
3 c. mesclun greens or chopped romaine
4 oz. cooked, boneless chicken breast or thigh meat, finely chopped
4 oz. cooked prawns (31/40), peeled and deveined, tail on
6 tbsp. each California natural and golden raisins, plumped in warm water for one minute
1/4 c. mint leaves, coarsely chopped
1/4 c. cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
1 small hot red chile, very thinly sliced (optional)
1/3 c. thinly sliced English cucumber
1 medium green onion, thinly sliced on the bias (green and white parts)
2 tbsp. chopped toasted peanuts; for garnish
Cilantro and mint sprigs; for garnish
In a small mixing bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients until well combined and sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
1)Soak noodles in warm water for 15 minutes; drain.
2) While noddles are soaking boil water
3) Cook noodles in boiling water for one minute and drain
4) Chill under running water.
5) Cut cooked noodles, using a couple of crisscross cuts with a sharp knife (otherwise noodles will be too long and difficult to eat)
6) Toss them with dressing to coat well.
7) In a large salad bowl, toss the greens in enough dressing to coat.
8) Divide them among 6 chilled salad plates or bowls.
9) Place noodles in a mound in the center of the greens.
10) In the same bowl, toss the chicken, prawns, raisins, mint, cilantro, chile pepper, cucumbers and green onions with desired amount of the dressing.
11) Mound this mixture on top of the noodles and garnish with chopped peanuts and a few cilantro and mint sprigs.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Calories 220(14% from fat); Total Fat 3.5g (sat 0.5g, mono 1g, poly 1g); Cholesterol 55mg; Protein 12g; Carbohydrates 37g; Fiber 2g; Iron 3mg; Sodium 530mg; Calcium 55mg