What You Need
- 1/2 c fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Thai fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Thai chile paste with soy bean and garlic
- 1/2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 3 oz bean thread noodles
- 3 c mesclun greens or chopped romaine
- 4 oz cooked, boneless chicken breast or thigh meat, finely chopped
- 4 oz cooked prawns (31/40), peeled and deveined, tail on
- 6 Tbsp each California natural and golden raisins, plumped in warm water for one minute
- 1/4 c mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 small hot red chile, very thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/3 c thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1 medium green onion, thinly sliced on the bias (green and white parts)
- 2 Tbsp chopped toasted peanuts, for garnish
- Cilantro and mint sprigs, for garnish
What You Do
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients until well combined and sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Soak noodles in warm water for 15 minutes; drain.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for one minute and drain. Chill under running water.
- Cut cooked noodles, using a couple of crisscross cuts with a sharp knife (otherwise noodles will be too long and difficult to eat).
- Toss them with dressing to coat well.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the greens in enough dressing to coat.
- Divide them among 6 chilled salad plates or bowls.
- Place noodles in a mound in the center of the greens.
- In the same salad bowl, toss the chicken, prawns, raisins, mint, cilantro, chile pepper, cucumbers and green onions with desired amount of the dressing.
- Mound this mixture on top of the noodles and garnish with chopped peanuts and a few cilantro and mint sprigs.
Nutrition Information (per serving) Calories 220 (14% from fat); Total Fat 3.5g; Cholesterol 55mg; Protein 12g; Carbohydrates 37g; Fiber 2g; Iron 3mg; Sodium 530mg; Calcium 55mg