- 2 bunches beet greens, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
2. Add beet greens and cook uncovered until tender, about 2 minutes.
3. Drain in a colander, then immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process.
4. Drain well and chop
5. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir about 1 minute until pepper is fragrant.
6. Stir in greens and gently toss until evenly coated with oil and garlic
7. Season with salt and pepper