- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes, cut in halves
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups pre-cooked white beans
- 1/2 medium cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Italian parsley, to garnish
1) Warm the olive oil in a large thick-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the salt and potatoes. Cover and cook until they are a bit tender and starting to brown a bit, about 5 minutes
2) Stir in the garlic and onion and cook for another minute.
3) Add the stock and the beans and bring the pot to a simmer.
4) Stir in the cabbage and cook until the cabbage softens up a bit.
5) Serve with a dusting of cheese and sprig of Italian parsley.