Taste For Life Test Kitchen
- 1 c dried pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 c chopped mixed vegetables (your choice of celery, onions, carrots, red bell peppers, spinach)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4 c low-sodium vegetable broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add diced tomatoes and their juice and broth. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta to soup. Serve or transfer to an insulated food container for lunch.
You can swap out the pasta for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 cups of cooked beans.
Per serving: 149 Calories, 5 g Protein, 22 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 5 g Total fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono,1 g poly), 466 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin E, ★★★ Vitamin A, K, ★★ Folate, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B6, Manganese, Selenium