From the Taste for Life test kitchen
- 1/4 c gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp peanut or almond butter
- 2 tsp oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 12 oz extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, chopped (separate white and green parts)
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free chili sauce
- 4 c mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 c bamboo shoots
- 2 limes, cut in wedges
- Whisk together tamari, vinegar, sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the oil to a skillet set over medium heat. Add beaten eggs and stir-fry until eggs are scrambled and cooked through.
- Add remaining teaspoon of oil to skillet with eggs. Add tofu, garlic, white parts of scallions, and chili sauce. Stir-fry mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts and stir-fry until wilted. Add bamboo shoots and stir in peanut sauce.
- Garnish with green parts of scallions and lime wedges.
Per serving: 214 Calories, 15 g Protein, 20 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 11 g Total fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono, 4 g poly), 580 mg Sodium, Excellent source of Vitamin C, Good source of Manganese.