Abundant in perfumes, potpourris, and bath and body products, lavender’s flowers are also edible and found in the famous seasoning ingredient Herbes de Provence. But this herb has many other benefits including analgesic, antibacterial, antidepressant, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, sedative, and more.
- Applied topically, undiluted lavender essential oil can help treat acne, athlete’s foot, and bee stings.
- Lavender tea can be used as a mouthwash to eliminate bad breath or as a footbath to relieve fatigue.
- Simply smelling lavender’s scent can help relieve feelings of stress and depression.
- To soothe cranky children (or yourself!), add lavender herb oil to bathwater.
- Added to massage oil, lavender can help treat sore muscles, cellulite, and rheumatism