Ginger Thermos Tea
It soothes a sore throat and coughs, warms the body and breaks fevers, quells nausea, and boosts digestion and fight stomach bugs to boot.
Try it with honey and fresh lemon.
- 1-inch chunk fresh ginger, thinly sliced or grated (no need to peel)
- 16 ounces boiling water
- optional ingredients:
- 1 heaping tablespoon of honey
- 2 squeezed fresh lemon wedges
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 star anise pod
- Prepare ginger
- Put in thermos with optional ingredients of choice
- Pour in boiling water and cover
- Let sit 30-60 minutes before drinking.