- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp EDEN Sea Salt
- 15 ounces EDEN Garbanzo Beans, drained, reserve liquid, and rinsed
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- or leftover cooked brown rice or millet
- Place the garlic, scallions, onion, parsley, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sea salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until the mixture is finely chopped.
- Add the garbanzo beans and mashed potatoes. Process until smooth.
- The mixture should be stiff. If too stiff, add a small amount of the reserved garbanzo cooking liquid.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties approximately 2 inches across.
- Place remaining oil in a cast iron skillet and heat up.
- Place the patties in the skillet and reduce the flame to medium-low.
- Cook until golden brown, flip over and cook the other side until golden brown. Approximately 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Place the patties on a serving platter and serve.
The patties are delicious served as falafel in warm pita pocket bread with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber slices and your favorite dressing.
Per serving: 240 calories, 12g fat (46% calories from fat), 7g protein, 26g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium