In partnership with Stonyfield Organics
Number of Servings:
- 1 medium Spanish onion (diced)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c flour
- 2 c Stonyfield Organic Milk
- 1 tsp Tabasco or similar
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 c chicken or vegetable stock (optional)
- 3/4 lb sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 lb Jack cheese of other favorite (shredded)
- 2 c Stonyfield Organic Greek Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- 16 oz pasta macaroni (cooked per instructions and set aside)
- 1/2 c seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and white pepper (to taste)
- In a sauce pan, melt butter slowly and add diced onions and saute lightly for about 2 minutes.
- Strain onions out (you can discard them now) and return butter to pan.
- Add olive oil and flour and whisk until fully combined.
- Add milk 1 cup at a time and whisk to work out any lumps.
- Bring to simmer.
- Add spices and gently fold in cheeses then set aside to cool slightly.
- Once slightly cooled, add in yogurt one cup at a time.
- Pour over pasta and toss to coat.
- Garnish with toasted bread crumbs and Parmesan before serving