The Ultimate Gluten-Free Cookie Book by Roben Ryberg ($16.95, Da Capo Lifeong Books, 2010)
- 1/3 cup oil, plus additional for pan
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Very lightly oil a cookie sheet.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine oil and sugar. Beat well. Add flour and beat well. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl at least once during mixing.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat well. Continue beating until dough comes together; it will be soft.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto prepared pan. With moistened fingertips, press them to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes, until edges begin to brown. Let cool on wire racks before serving.
55 Calories, 1 g Protein, 9 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Total fat (1 g mono, 1 g poly), 52 mg Sodium