From Complete Book of Thai Cooking by Linda Stephen
- 3 Tbsp lime juice or rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 large English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh red chilies, chopped
- 2 Tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, 2 tablespoons of water, fish sauce, and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add cucumber, shallots, and chilies. Toss together and let stand 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, mint, and cilantro.
Per serving: 55 Calories, 2 g Protein, 8 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 2 g Total fat (1 g mono, 1 g poly), 350 mg Sodium