- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 small red onion, coarsely grated
- 2 tsp plain (all-purpose) flour
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 4 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 rounded Tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- Place grated sweet potato and onion into a clean, dry dish towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Add drained sweet potato and onion to a medium bowl. Stir in flour, cinnamon, smoked paprika, and salt until sweet potato and onion pieces are coated.
- Heat sunflower oil in a frying pan over a medium heat while you shape latkes into small, flat patties. Test that oil is ready by adding a couple of shreds of sweet potato—they should gently sizzle.
- Carefully add latkes and cook for 3–4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- While latkes are cooking, mix vegan cream cheese and dill together in a small bowl. Carefully remove latkes from pan and drain on a clean towel. Serve hot with cream cheese-dill mixture.
These latkes have a crisp, caramelized outer and a sweet potato center, making them the most perfect comfort food. Latkes are traditionally served over Jewish holiday celebrations. This version uses sweet potatoes and cinnamon to add a flavor twist that is perfect for anyone trying these delights for the first time.
361 Calories, 3 g Protein, 23 g Carbohydrates, 5 g Fiber, 30 g Total fat (4 g sat), 392 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin A, E, ★ Vitamin B6